Friday, November 16, 2007

Hipster Fruits and Circuses

The minute Mommy told me that Kamryn was having surgery about a week ago...I burst into tears! I was upset that Kamryn would have to be put under that much pressure, even though she didn't know about it.

Today, Kamryn had surgery. And it was a very long wait in the hospital this morning. I missed my spelling test, but I got to take a make-up test. I also had a math test today. I checked over it two times before handing it in.

After the test, I drew a picture of a group of hip-hop fruits that I call Hipster Banana, Orange and Strawberry. In my picture, Hipster Banana and Hipster Orange are standing in front of a brick wall watching Hipster Strawberry dance on her head, while the boom box is playing music. They all wear black sunglasses and smile with their teeth showing. Me and my friend Katie Baganski worked on this together.

A day before that, I drew a picture of an elephant saying "Circuses are no fun." because in circuses, people crack whips that scare the animals and it's sort of torture to them. How would you feel if someone cracked a whip right next to your ear and it scared you and you couldn't get away from it? You tell me in your comments.

Talk to you later.

Hugs and kisses...Maddi

2 comments:

J9 said...

Hey Maddi, I am very glad to hear that Kamryn is OK. She is lucky to have a big sister like you to help take care of her!

I think I do understand how the circus elephants must feel. You might not know this, but Jillian sometimes chases people around with the hose from the vacuum. Not fun. :)

OK, I am being silly about something that is really serious. I agree with you that the elephants probably are not happy in the circus. I have heard that they are actually very intelligent and get upset when they are apart from their families. I think it's great that you are thinking about them and drawing pictures to remind others that the circus can be a very unhealthy place for the animals.

Love,
Janeen (J9)

Badness said...

i want to see those pictures, mad!!!

and don't beleive everything j9 tells you- she has been known to do some evil things, too...

and, by the way, circuses ARE cruel. fight the power!